Why Use Online Professional Accreditation Software?
In general, once individuals have achieved a certain level, they must show evidence of continued learning to ensure that the accreditation does not expire.
There are many benefits to individuals who achieve professional accreditations:
- Accreditations are portable, since they do not depend on one company’s definition of a certain job
- Having professional accreditations on a CV stands that candidate out from others and acts as a reference from an impartial, third party association or society
Accreditations are common in technology, construction, aviation, environment and other industrial sectors, as well as healthcare, business and finance. They can range from internal corporate certifications, to product specific accreditations through to professionally wide accreditations.
There are many ways in which an individual can become accredited, although the majority of certifications will require an exam to be taken and passed. Once achieved, the individual must continue to provide evidence that they are maintaining their skills and knowledge in their area.
This is done through:
- Attending events
- Giving presentations and seminars
- Reading current literature
- Networking with peers etc
One of the most popular ways of maintaining accreditations is through attending key events. These can be training courses, conferences, seminars or webinars and provide valuable merits to individuals wishing to maintain their qualifications.
If a professional body organises a lot of events for their members, they may choose to take advantage of software which can help improve efficiency and control, whilst reducing their costs and empowering their members.
Online Professional Accreditation Software
Professional accreditation software has benefits for both the professional body and for their members. For their members it will provide a self service portal where they can log in securely to view and mange their membership and accreditations. They can clearly see what they need to do in order to renew their certification, and can book and pay for courses, take exams and tests, download relevant material and upload details of any offline activities which will help support their qualification renewal.
Being an online portal means that members can access their account at any time, from any place (internet pending). Giving them this level of control helps empower them and provides them with a greater level of value from their membership.
For professional bodies, using accreditation software can help them cut costs whilst improving efficiency and control. Allowing members to book courses online removing staff from this stage and letting them concentrate on more strategic tasks.
The software will:
- Automatically capture all relevant information pertaining to the member and their chosen event
- Will book the member onto the course
- Can take payment (or send invoices), update the internal finance solution and send out receipts
- Will send out relevant course reading material and pre-course tests
- Will send out post course tests and exams
- Members can take these test/exams online, securely
- The software can grade online tests/exams and mark as pass/fail etc
- Will generate and send online certificates
- Will update the member account/CRM with the result of the course (either marking down as attendance, course pass/fail etc)
The event management side of the software means that there is little for event staff to do in terms of delegate management. Instead they can use the software to get a clear view of their member’s career development. Using the built in reporting and analysis suite, they can instantly see how members as a whole are doing, how individual members are performing, how well particular events/courses are being attended and how successful they are in terms of test results etc. This information is invaluable in being able to continually improve events and increase the value provided to members.
The integration into other back end office systems, such as CRM and finance applications means that the whole organisation has an instant, up to date view of all their members’ history and activity. This not only saves time, but helps to reduce errors and wasted communications.